1. Collect your own contact list through opt-in features; never rent or purchase lists.
2. Frequency matters - Avoid sending more messages than the initial number you set in your opt-in welcome message.
3. Specify the end dates of promotional campaigns to encourage customers to act quickly.
4. Include a compelling call-to-action and incentives to encourage a response from your audience, ie: "Shop online today and save 15% off your entire purchase!"
5. Make sure all message content is relevant to your target audience.
6. Crosscheck messages thoroughly before sending, making sure all links are active and spelling is correct.
7. Send messages at appropriate times of day, avoiding early mornings and late nights.
8. For promotional messages, deliver at optimal times during business hours to bring in quick traffic.